[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Opening several folders within the same TM window from the command line

Emmanuel Blot eblot.ml at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:34:13 UTC 2011

> In situations like this I miss BBEdit's multi-file search feature.  In my years as a delighted TextMate user, the only times I have been tempted to fire up BBEdit is when I want to do non-trivial searches like that.

One thing I really like with TM1 is its capability to deal with
several folders coming from different directory trees: there no need
to create a "project" document to quickly edit files that are
semantically related but that do not share the same tree.

It's not just about searching: it's also about having a project drawer
that only contains the file I need to deal with, not the gazillion of
files from a complete kernel, for example. It's far easier to navigate
around 100 files than around dozens of thousands of files.

I'm not sure how to work with TM2 without this feature, I guess there
is another, maybe better way for this feature. I just don't know which
one.

Manu