[TxMt] htmlOutputPlacement

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Dec 22 16:37:26 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Some observations and comments regarding the output window:

- It would be cool if each command could select it's placement (window, right, and consequently there should be left and bottom as choice as well, plus a choice to use a truly individual window instead of reusing the same output window). This could be handled via the "Output" drop down in the bundle editor.

- long running commands (I have an Xcode build & run command that produces "clickable" log messages) prevent switching to another 'tab' in the output window (eg the little arrows in the bottom left don't work)

- randomly a command seems to clobber another output window instead of opening a new 'tab', have not figured out the exact circumstances. Also maybe real 'tab's instead of just the little triangles at the bottom of the window.

- I often run multiple targets from the same project. With TM1 I simply had multiple output windows to track their output, TM2 no longer lets me do that: I can't have multiple windows, and it seems to only allow one task running at the same time.

- I seem to recall that in TM1 I could target a specific window by using a specific title, doesn't seem to work in TM2.

Gerd