[TxMt] Re: A couple of UI suggestions

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Sun Dec 18 00:20:29 UTC 2011

> I work a lot with indented source like haml, sass and yaml, so this would be
> really useful.

Alternatively you can use invisibles + tabs for indentation in your sources which will get you:

What I miss so far in TM2 is current line highlight. Also seems TM2 does not respect alpha values for colors, I had #000000EF for invisibles, but they were invisible with that setting, had to put 24bit #DDDDDD value instead.

>> Please allow the file browser and the gutter (containing the line numbers)
>> to have an optional dark 'theme' - the white/light grey background is
>> quite jarring when you're using a dark theme for the editor
>
> I totally agree with this. It would be great to have full style
> customization.

+1 for setting colors (text/bg) for file browser and gutter.

> I think the tab bar should be placed only above the right-hand edit pane,
> not above the file browser sidebar. This would mean that the file browser
> would be the full-height of the window.

I do agree too. Also I wish the tabs were upsite down like TM1 (or like Xcode/Safari) in fact, coz these are hardly readable.

Cheers,
--
Adam Strzelecki