[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Japanese-support not correctly working

Thu Dec 15 21:16:17 UTC 2011

On 15 Dec 2011, at 18:58, Koichi MATSUMOTO wrote:

> The text editors which has little problems with character inputs in CJK languages
> are only BBEdit, SubEthaEdit and TextEdit.app, but I believe it's preferable that
> Textmates will join the group.

SEE and TextEdit both use NSTextView and BBEdit is not Cocoa.

What I was saying is that I am struggling with what seems to be oversights in the Cocoa API for doing this stuff, but I’m doing my best to make it work with what I have, and it’s really just a question of time because I need to collect empirical data to devise the proper heuristics.