[TxMt] python documentation

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Wed Aug 31 13:28:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

Sorry if I'm asking a very stupid question, but I'm a bit stuck on this one. I've recently started to use TextMate for Python (was mainly using it for LaTeX), and I can't take full advantage of the documentation features of the python bundle.

- When selecting the Documentation for Current Word command (Cmd-H), I get a window showing an "Index of Modules". I can reach from there was I was looking for, but I would expect the command to bring directly there. Is this what it is supposed to do, or am I getting the intended behaviour? (Looking at the code, this looks to be a fallback case, so there should be something else happening.)

- When selecting the Documentation in Browser command (Cmd-Shift-H), I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/Python.tmbundle/Support/browse_pydocs.py", line 125, in

    main()
  File "/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/Python.tmbundle/Support/browse_pydocs.py", line 96, in main
    wait_for_server(onserve)
  File "/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/Python.tmbundle/Support/browse_pydocs.py", line 78, in wait_for_server
    raise RuntimeError('timed out waiting for server!')
RuntimeError: timed out waiting for server!

Is there any setting I'm missing? From my experience with the LaTeX bundle, there were a few environment variables that had to be set in order to have everything working properly - would there be anything similar I should do here too? Is the bundle maintained at all and supposed to work with my setup (Snow Leopard, python 2.6.1)?

Thanks for your help, and again, apologies if this has been already covered or available on the web, I did my best before sending this.

--enas