[TxMt] Re: Honest assessment of TM2's state please!

John Vilsack john.vilsack at activesportsinc.com
Mon Apr 25 19:46:55 UTC 2011

I love conversations like this.  People that hope to curry favor rush
to the defense of the oppressed business owner, yelling "LEAVE BRITNEY
ALONE!" while others indignantly proclaim that purchasing a piece of
software somehow entitles you to some sort of protracted support
contract that the developer is in grave violation of.

We all entered into the same legally binding agreement that provided
us with a version of software that would work (at the time) with the
system listed in the requirements.  Other than that, we are owed
nothing.

If Lion comes out tomorrow and Textmate doesn't work, we are SOL.
If Textmate doesn't meet your requirements for transparency and
release cycles, by all means exercises your rights of free market
capitalism and select a competitor.  The market is full of them these
days.

But if you bought Textmate solely based on the fact that Textmate 2
"might" be out there, then you are an idiot.  They even gave you 30
days to be sure.