[TxMt] Python Bundles

Phil textmate at luminated.net
Mon Apr 25 13:43:35 UTC 2011

Hi!
I am considering TextMate for my Python development, comparing it to
Emacs/Vim, WingIDE, and Eclipse/PyDev and such.

Using the official Python bundle I seem to only get completion on
commands, not lookup of methods on the object at the cursor. I think I
got this working in the Ropy bundle (Ctrl+p for completion), both rope
and ropeide is installed in Python. But I can't seem to get
definitions of methods and functions by pressing Ctrl+] (Ropy) and
using F3 and ^H (Python Bundle), I get only module and function defs,
not methods.

(Maybe getting method defs easily popping up isn't vital, but as a
Python n00b, I find it very convenient.)

So, which bundles is recommended by you Python&TextMate 1337 guys? :)

Right now I find myself switching back and forth between Emacs and
TextMate. TextMate is slick and .. cute, but I get completion and defs
of methods and everything in Emacs ... (WingIDE is nice, but
expensive.)

--
Phil