[TxMt] Re: Change caret width

Daniel Geese daniel.geese at gmx.de
Mon Sep 6 12:36:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

thanks for the help, I have tried yoursuggestions and it helps.

But maybe it could be put in the next version as a possible feature, it
would be useful for people writing texts in textmate, especially when
using a screenwriting mode.

Best,

Daniel

Is there a possibility to change the width of the caret so that it would
appear to be a blinking rectangular?

Not that I know of, but you might at least try to turn on the "highlight
current line" preference:

go to Preferences
General tab
Check "Visual Ornaments: Highlight current line"

You can then move over to the Fonts & Colors tab and pick a background
color for the current line.

Also, the shortcut Command-L is good for centering the current line
vertically in your window (if it's possible).  Between those two, I can
usually find my current line.

I realize that's only one dimension, and you were hoping for two.  I
don't know of anything to help you locate the current column, short of
doing something manual, like pressing Shift-RightArrow to make a
selection that would stand out.  Not what you were after, but that's the
most hope I can offer.

I betcha, if challenged properly, one of the wunderkinds of this list
like Hans or Ciarán can whip together a plug-in that does just what
you're looking for.  But that task is not for me.

+dru