[TxMt] Re: open sourcing textmate?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:41:36 UTC 2010

gEdit is open source, and does a fair amount of what TextMate does.
It's also cross-platform. Not sure if it splits windows, terminals or
ssh'es... GVIM does split windows...

http://projects.gnome.org/gedit/

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:12 AM, David Beckwith
<thirdreplicator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you considered open sourcing textmate?  I think there are a lot
> of people who would like to add features to this editor.
>
> For example, I'd like to have split windows, to be able to save window
> configurations and embed a terminal or ssh session into the window.
>
> David :)

Ben Wilson
"We cannot determine the character or nature of a system within
itself. Efforts to do so will only generate confusion and disorder."
Boyd