[TxMt] Re: Textmate's bundle Insert Scratch Snippet steals accented S (Ś) character shortcut

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Mon May 17 12:30:16 UTC 2010

> It is btw interesting that users sometimes find it useful to state that they feel something is a bug. That they need to state this probebly means they realize that the issue reported is not a typical bug (i.e. it doesn’t crash, misbehave, perform wrong action, etc.).
> I am asking in all seriousness, what is the perceived effect of including such remark?

Haha, good question. I can only explain myself what kind of effect I expected to trigger with that remark. I just wanted to pin the attention for few more seconds before this post goes to the trash, believing that such fancy remark would give it a more chance to get positive feedback.

This is just because probably none/few of you use ⇧⌥S to type Ś (accented S), few may use other ⌥letter to type other their own national weird characters. Still the majority may perceive binding Option to some letter good idea, as the majority (thinking of English, French, German, Dutch, etc.) probably doesn't use any accented S or whatever with Option :P

Still I wonder what was the EFFECT in your case, Allan :) Kind of psychoanalysis question, isn't it? Lay down on the sofa, relax please, and tell us your story...

Cheers,
--
Adam