[TxMt] Re: latex bundle - where are fonts stored?

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:46:57 UTC 2010

Another thing I should mentioned is that you may try to ask in the comp.text.tex news group. This mail list is really nice and feel free to ask here. But I think that group is specific for any question related to tex, so you may get answers there quicker and better.

Back to your original question, at least on my system, mathdesign is already installed with TeXLive (mactex) distribution. More specifically, for Garaomand, what you need is the non-free Garamond fonts binary file, i.e. the .pfb files. But I have no idea where to find it since the link given by the FAQ page is dead. The file provided in CTAN are merely latex support file for this font and accompany fonts designed by the MathDesign project. It does not contain the URW Garamond fonts due to the license issue.