[TxMt] Re: latex bundle - where are fonts stored?

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:10:37 UTC 2010

I suggest you should consult the TUG (Tex User Group) mail list. This is really not a TextMate thing nor a LaTeX bundle thing. Installing and using package has nothing to do with TextMate or LaTeX bundle. They merely provide a excellent way for editing latex source file.

There are dozens of ways to check which tex you are using.

In terminal, try

tex -version

or

latex -version

Most mac users nowadays use MacTeX, aka, TeXLive. If you find "TeX Distribution" in the System preference panel, then you are using it and you can check which distribution is in use.

Finally, use terminal to check the following directory to see if you can find anything.

/usr/local/
On 23 Mar 2010, at 16:13, Lucy Buykx wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2010, at 15:09, Jan Jakob Bornheim wrote:
>
>> On 2010-03-23, at 10:58 AM, Lucy Buykx wrote:
>>> I've been using the LaTeX bundle successfully with TextMate. But I have come unstuck when I want to install a new font, for example Garamond.
>>> From http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/mathdesign/ I see I must;
>>>
>>> (1) Install a package  called mathdesign
>>> (2) unzip the file mdugm.zip into the root directory of my texmf tree
>>>
>>> My questions to the list are
>>>
>>> (1) How do I download and install a package with TextMate / the bundle / using the terminal  ?
>>> (2) where do I find the textmf directory in SnowLeopard ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Lucy .
>>

> Hi JJ
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate it may not be a TextMate thing, but I am using the LaTeX bundle within TextMate. I have tried the various commands to find what version of LaTex I have installed, as have other more geeky people (who use Linux or other programs to use LaTeX on a Mac) and none of them can find LaTeX on this computer although it obviously exists. So we have concluded that it must be bound up and hidden somewhere in the TextMate application.

Your conclusion is absolutely wrong. I am very sure that the tex/latex/pdftex are not bound up and hidden anywhere in the TextMate