[TxMt] Re: Pointing TM's ri / rdoc lookup at a non-standard directory

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Sat Jun 5 22:51:16 UTC 2010

On Jun 5, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Robert Poor wrote:

> echo $PATH^r
> /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS:/usr/local/git/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Users/r/Development/Ruby/bin:/Users/r/Development/Rails/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:~/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin
>
> I can see why -- TextMate needs to keep some of its special directories in the path.  But since /opt/local/sbin now appears BEFORE /Users/r/Development/Ruby/bin, it is (I believe) finding the wrong ri.

I think your conclusion is correct here, but I wonder why /opt/local/bin and friends are being included twice? TextMate has no requirement for MacPorts, and it's not a "system" include, so I'd guess that somewhere in your configuration, it's creeping in.

Find the correct one, and I imagine things will work the way you want them.

Best, Charles