[TxMt] Re: What's the difference between "Shift Left" and "Intent Line"

Sun Jan 10 07:51:02 UTC 2010

On 10 Jan 2010, at 04:20, Wilhelm Longshanks wrote:

> I find "Shift Left" and "Intent Line" in "Text" menu, but I don't know
> the difference of the behaviors. Can anybody explain them to me?

Indent Line will indent it to the estimated level. It is more useful
when selecting multiple lines (where each line is then adjusted
individually).

> I'm using "Shift Left" all the time, and I sometimes get forced to
> move
> to the next line after running the command.

This happens if the caret is at the end of the line due to how it is
implemented, you can select the line first or ensure the caret is not
last on the line to avoid this undesired behavior.