[TxMt] Site license inconvenience

Randy J. Zauhar r.zauhar at usp.edu
Mon Aug 23 21:10:57 UTC 2010

Hi, sorry if this is a well-known issue.

I purchased a site license and installed TextMate on my classroom machines. The students will be using network accounts.

What I discovered, to my dismay, is that registering TextMate using the local admin account does not unlock it for a network user. (When I logged on using a test student account, I needed to register again.)

This will be, to put it mildly, a pain in the ass, as students are not assigned to a particular machine.

Is there a way around this? I don't immediately see where TextMate maintains license information locally.

Thanks!

Randy J. Zauhar, PhD
Assoc. Prof. of Biochemistry
Director, Graduate Program in Bioinformatics
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
600 S. 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Phone:    (215)596-8691
FAX:        (215)596-8543
E-mail:    r.zauhar at usp.edu<mailto:r.zauhar at usp.edu>
Web:    http://binfcompsci.usp.edu/~zauhar

"We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics."

  --  Pres. Franklin Roosevelt, 20 January 1937