[TxMt] Re: how do I go to end of line and/or go to start of line

Mon Apr 26 12:45:46 UTC 2010

On Apr 24, 2010, at 11:50 PM, Robert G Jr wrote:

> [C-t]  transpose two characters

This works system wide, but TextMate will additionally let you “transpose” a longer string of characters, reversing the selected string.

On Apr 25, 2010, at 1:25 AM, Robert G Jr wrote:

> i have just now emailed the author of that page to point this out  and to
> request he update
> http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/system-bindings.html this page  to
> include a keyboard layout for the MacPro.

I'm pretty sure he's on this list and will eventually see this thread. :)

> Another thing I would like to do is take section 4.8 one step further.
> There it shows how to  type "<li>" and have it prepend to the start of three
> selected rows in unison.  I would like to then type "</li>" and have it
> appear as the suffix to the contents of those three rows in unison.

In the general case, you can insert before several lines using column selection and append to them using “Edit Each Line in Selection” (select and hit ⌥⌘A). But in the case of HTML, there's an easier way. Use the “Wrap Each Selected Line in Open/Close Tag” command (select the lines and hit ⌃⇧⌘W). The default will be `<li>`, but you can type something else.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

If you need something, that doesn't mean someone else owes it to you.