[TxMt] Re: how do I go to end of line and/or go to start of line

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Sun Apr 25 04:58:32 UTC 2010

On 25/04/2010, at 2:09 PM, Robert G Jr <robertgloverjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks! Armed with this new tantalizing clue,  I have just
> discovered at the
> following link a huge treasure chest of useful key bindings, of
> which your
> two were just the tip of a giant iceberg.  :jumping:
> http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/system-bindings.html Default
> Mac OS X
> System Key Bindings

No worries. And on that note, another helpful key binding when stuck
with a laptop keyboard (which I usually am) is Fn-Delete, which is
forward delete. There's a couple of bindings on that page (at least,
notably, backtab) which may also be available through use of the
function key, though I haven't tested them.

As a point of interest, it seems that the Fn key doesn't behave like
the standard modifier keys, Cmd, Option and Ctrl. For example, forward
delete doesn't appear as Fn-Delete on that list you linked to, but has
its own glyph; whereas, the other modifier keys all appear explicitly.
Anyone know if this behaviour is global for the Fn key, or whether it
is special for delete? I'm just curious :)

PS Not sure if I explained myself very well there!

--
Adam Sharp