[TxMt] Re: TM lags when switching

Thu Sep 24 07:34:20 UTC 2009

On 24 Sep 2009, at 01:22, Scott Haneda wrote:

> [...] There seems to be some data on this if I look, but mostly
> related to
> projects, which I am not using.  There are a few comments in various
> blogs where others do share the same experience.

There is a well known and understood delay when re-scanning projects
while switching back to TextMate.

As I understand what you are saying, you experience a delay when
switching _away_ from TextMate and _only_ if you press ⌘S immidiately
before ⌘⇥, right?

Find out if ⌘S is slow. E.g. try ⌘S + ⌘N — does the new
document appear instantly? If not, is the File menu highlighted while
waiting for the new document to open?