[TxMt] Re: TM lags when switching

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Sep 23 23:22:34 UTC 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 2:57 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2009, at 23:43, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> How would I go about finding the command-S in all these bundles?
>
> Bundles → Select Bundle Item…
>
> Click the magnifying glass and select “Key Equivalent”.

Wow, handy, thanks!

> Now press ⌘S — it shows which items are bound to ⌘S for the
> current scope.

Empty list.

> That said, none of the default bundles overload ⌘S and by deleting
> Application Support/TextMate you deleted all custom bundles. Since

I only deleted a cache file, my app support dir is still entirely
intact.  I am back to slow tab switches on occasion again today.  I
turned off atomic saves, there was not any change.

> this caused your problem to disappear, it seems like a rather
> plausible explanation, and no, you won’t get told about ⌘S being
> overloaded (had it been). That would make for quite an annoying
> feature if each overloaded key prompted you ;)

Unless you know of any other plausible explanation for this, I will
just get used to it.  The delay can be maddening at times.  There
seems to be some data on this if I look, but mostly related to
projects, which I am not using.  There are a few comments in various
blogs where others do share the same experience.

Thanks for the suggestions though.