[TxMt] f77

Donna Calhoun donna.calhoun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:42:42 UTC 2009

I have just downloaded the 30 day version of TextMate, and really like
many of its features.  However, I do much of my coding in Fortran 77
(I know, not the most modern of languages).  I've gotten quite used to
AquaMacs formatting/aligned features and now hope to find the same
features in TextMate.

But what I have found for f77 files is that it doesn't appear to align
code correctly.  Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Using opt-command-[ on various lines indents to column 1, doesn't put
line continuation characters ('&') in the proper column (column 6),
and doesn't know what to do at all with format statements.

Are there other f77 users out there with similar experiences?  Any
hints, tips, suggestions are welcome.

Or should I just abandon attempts to use TM with f77?  It does seem
that TM provides extensive support for 'punchcard fortran' (got to
love the name), so I was initially very optimistic that basic features
would be supported.   But so far,  I am disappointed.