[TxMt] Custom language grammar deleted without confirmation ??!

André Berg andre.berg at email.de
Thu Sep 3 14:48:32 UTC 2009

Dear Users,

Erm, I spent the better part of the last few hours working on a custom
language grammar for assembly languages and then with just one keystroke
the language definition was deleted without me being able to bring it
back? How is it possible that when I do not have the focus on the text
editing region of the language editor (mind you this can happen
accidentally very quickly when you have to constantly close and reopen
the dialog!) and I press backspace that my language definition is
deleted without being asked if I really wanted to delete it? This is so
incredibly fustrating.

Do any of you know a trick how I can save any of it? Is there a cache
somwhere or someting that I can exploit. I already checked the tmBundle
and under the Syntaxes folder my definition is already gone :(((

Please if you do know something.... it would be a shame if all this work
would be lost. I really did not expect this behaviour. I otherwise love
TextMate but this is a design flaw. I should at least be asked if I
really wanted to delete the syntax file I have been editing the last few
hours.

Thanks for reading!

André