[TxMt] OakDocumentDisableFSMetaData in build 1589

King, Steven sking at arbor.net
Tue Nov 24 16:17:53 UTC 2009

Just downloaded build 1589 and found this in the release notes:

[CHANGED] OakDocumentDisableFSMetaData can now be an array of file systems for which the use of extended attributes should be disabled.

That sounds extremely useful, but I'm not quite sure what the syntax should be. Take my thumb drive, for instance:

/dev/disk3 on /Volumes/THUMB (msdos, local, nodev, nosuid, noowners)

If I wanted to disable metadata on this drive would I specify the device (/dev/disk3), mount point (/Volumes/THUMB), file system type (msdos), or something else? Can you provide an example, please?

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer