[TxMt] Re: Pycheckmate.py throws IndexError in Python bundle

Tue Nov 17 17:12:52 UTC 2009

Getting back to this issue from early September…

On 2 Sep 2009, at 18:13, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 21 Aug 2009, at 17:13, Jay Soffian wrote:

>> […]
>> b) I'm not sure what the best alternative is for the svn tag, it may
>> just be burning a revision into the source file on checkin and
>> remembering to update it manually on each commit. :-(
>
> I am not sure what a good fix is either, and this command is not the
> only one which use svn keywords. I sort of feel this should be fixed
> in the “script” that does the git mirroring, so if I were you,
> I’d leave it up to me to find a more universal fix for this problem.

I looked into this, and we only have 4 uses of $Revision$ in all the
bundles and since the mirror never went “automatic” I think we should
just remove this and use other means to keep a revision number.

IOW would be nice if you’ll update the script to not use $Revision$.