[TxMt] Re: How To Highlight Custom Syntax

Fri Nov 6 19:38:02 UTC 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Graden Hudson wrote:

> Here's a line of code in the example that I simply do not
> understand, at all:
>  7           match = '\b(if|while|for|return)\b';
>
> I did look at the existing HTML grammar, but that did not make much
> sense to me, either. Should I start somewhere else in the manual? I
> think I'm missing some basic concepts here.

If that makes no sense to you, you'll probably want to look at the
section on Regular Expressions.

   http://manual.macromates.com/en/regular_expressions#regular_expressions

I won't lie to you. It gets much, much worse than the example above. :)

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Don't try to tell me a thing is important to you if the whole of your
"support" entails forcing others to spend time and money on it.