[TxMt] Re: How To Highlight Custom Syntax

Graden Hudson ghudson at welcoa.org
Fri Nov 6 15:57:59 UTC 2009

Hi, Allan. Thanks for jumping in to help me.

I was able to sort of understand some things like I am obviously going to
have to declare a pattern (begins with "%link=" ends with "%"), but  when I
read about rule keys like "name" and "match", I am lost. I am primarily an
HTML/CSS guy, and I do not delve much into other languages just yet.

Here's a line of code in the example that I simply do not understand, at
all:
 7           match = '\b(if|while|for|return)\b';

I did look at the existing HTML grammar, but that did not make much sense to
me, either. Should I start somewhere else in the manual? I think I'm missing
some basic concepts here.

Thanks, again, for your help.
--
Graden Hudson