[TxMt] TM SQL bundle, browser...

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Mar 26 11:14:58 UTC 2009

I am very intrigued by the TM SQL features, namely, running a
arbitrary SQL command in the editor, as well as the browser.  So far,
reading the help, I see I have a small connection window in which I
can enter in the usual host, user, pass, and database name.

The trouble is, I do not want to open my databases up to remote
connections.  Almost always they are allowed access from localhost.
Most ISP's are not going to allow access from some other host as well,
not to mention, if you do not have a static IP, you are going to be a
moving target anyway.

What are my options at this point?  I have a ssh/ftp/sftp type
connection in which TM is opened against it, and I can save right back
to the server.  The sql stuff happens locally on the server.

Any way to integrate that type of connection with TM's sql tools?