[TxMt] Re: newbie subversion question

Niels Kobschaetzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:38:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Lucy Buykx <lb580 at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your notes Rob.
>
> I have managed to get a working copy created and checked out. At least I
> think so. Using the TextMate Subversion bundle I tried to commit some
> file changes. No matter how I changed the files it always comes back
> with "nothing to commit, no modifications made".

Are you in the tab of the file when you call the svn-menu?

> Have been back and fine toothcombed the documentation on the TextMate
> website and come up with nothing more than "shift cmd A gets subversion
> menu up". Mind you the documentaiton for TextMate as a whole seems very
> thin to me so perhaps this is not unusual. Not your fault I know but I
> don't feel inclined to pay £50 for a software tool that isn't even
> documented.

I never needed more than that. My initial check out I did on the
command line and since then I opened the directories directly in
TextMate (dragging and dropping the directory from the Finder to
TextMate and maybe save it as a project if wanted; open recent
remembers directories, too) and used the SVN-bundle w/out any problems

> Does anyone use the subversion bundle in TextMate to commit/checkout etc
> and can they point me to documentation that explains how to set it up
> and use it? Or do you all use TextMate for editing and handle Subversion
> stuff outside either command line or Versions or similar?

I use it all the time w/out any problems and it was really easy.
Maybe this blog-entry helps you:
http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/2007/04/18/textmate-svn-bundle/

Niels