[TxMt] Re: newbie subversion question

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Wed Mar 25 19:53:59 UTC 2009

On 2009-Mar-24, at 9:45 AM, Lucy Buykx wrote:

> I then open up my project in TextMate and want to commit my code to
> the
> repository. It tells me that my code is not a working copy, so I say
> ok,
> lets checkout. Then it asks me for svn+ssh:// something so I type in
> the
> file path of the repository and a big error message thus...

If your repository is on your local system, you can use file: instead
of svn+ssh:.

So in your case, you probably want to checkout file:///Users/lucy/Sites/wed2/Repository
. I've never tried to checkout into an existing directory that already
has files in it, etc. I'm not sure exactly what you've done so far or
what you're wanting to accomplish, but I generally do something like
this when moving an existing project into Subversion.

   1. Create the repository with `svnadmin`.
   2. Use `svn import` to commit the existing project directory to the
repository.
   3. Delete, rename, or move the project directory.
   4. Use `svn checkout` to "recreate" the project directory as a
working copy.
   5. Open the new directory as a TextMate project.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Because it screws up the order in which people normally read text.