[TxMt] Re: using python 3.0.1

Alex Ross tm-alex at rosiba.com
Mon Mar 16 15:18:50 UTC 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 3:24 AM, Mark Perrin wrote:

> I think this is an incompatibility between the bundle and python 3. I
> asked the same question a while back and didn't receive an answer. To
> quote Dive Into Python - sitecustomize.py is a special script; Python
> will try to import it on startup, so any code in it will be run
> automatically. As the comment mentions, it can go anywhere (as long
> asimport can find it), but it usually goes in the site-packages
> directory within your Python lib directory.
>
> But I found this answer on the list -
>
> http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2009-February/028088.html
>
> Basically you need to patch the sitecustomize.py which is found inside
> the python bundle you are using.

This patch has been applied in SVN, but I guess there hasn't been an
cutting-edge textmate release in a while.  If you have an svn checkout
of the bundles, update it.  If not, you can either get one or — and
this is what i recommend — modify the sitecustomize.py that is in
TextMate.app's copy of the Python.tmbundle.  That will eventually
get overwritten when TextMate is updated.

—Alex