[TxMt] Re: Disable auto-indent

Thu Mar 5 21:48:26 UTC 2009

On 24 Feb 2009, at 16:28, Philip v. Winterfeldt wrote:

> is there a new way to disable auto-indent, other than going through
> Terminal as
> described here a few years ago? I’m new to TextMate 1.5.8 and prefer
> to code
> XHTML without auto-indent. Why not add this option to the "Tab size"
> pop-up in
> the status bar?

The less options the better, especially when no-one uses them. In this
case, I think you are only the second to want to disable it (ignoring
a recent guy on IRC who also wanted to, but I the conclusion was that
it was actually the “; idents”-macro in the C bundle he wanted to get
rid of).

I am curious to why you prefer not to have auto-indent, do you then
manually insert the tabs TextMate would otherwise insert, and if so,
would you also want to disable the “first tab on a line inserts enough
tabs to get to the current indent level”?