[TxMt] Re: Some problems with the Git bundle

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Mar 2 07:54:37 UTC 2009

On 02.03.2009, at 04:21, John Laudun wrote:
> Perhaps the worst one is that I can't seem to get the keyboard
> shortcut to work. I can work things by using the menus, but whenever I
> use CTRL + SHIFT + g, I get the following tool-tip error message:
>
>     /tmp/temp_textmate.pjlEGg:26:in `open': No such file or directory
> - pages (Errno::ENOENT)
> 	from /temp/temp_textmate.pjlEGg:26:in `entries'
> 	from /temp/temp_textmate.pjlEGg:26

Actually I have no idea about that particular error message. Could you
please provide us with some more information (what did you do exactly)?

Some notes:
1) Do you mean that if you press ^⇧G you get this message? Or after
choosing a command for the menu?
If you get this after pressing ^⇧G then it's likely that an other
bundle command caught that key shortcut.

2) Is the shell command 'git' found by TM? To check type in an empty
line 'git' and press ^R. If you see 'usage: git ...' then it's ok, if
not tell TM the path to git by setting the a TM shell variable TM_GIT
in TM's preferences.

3) To work with git you have to open either a file within a git repo
or the entire git project as TMProject. All git commands are looking
for the subfolder '.git'.

--Hans