[TxMt] Re: Texmate 2

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Tue Jun 23 14:19:10 UTC 2009

Me, I want to see it first.

See I feel abandoned. There are some features I consider rather basic
and important (and I am not talking something more difficult like a
split view) that are missing in TM1. And basically other than bug
fixes TM1 has not seen any improvements in around 2 years. I love TM,
but the lack of steady enhancements is really bugging me. I need to
get my work done now. I don't care about some mysterious TM2 that may
or may not show up at some point, and it may or may not be the
solution to all or the beginning of all evil. Until it is there.

I remember back then we were lead to believe (or maybe I
misunderstood) that TM2 will require Leopard. So I figured OK, I can
live with this a few months until Leopard comes out with TM2 on it's
heels. Well, that time came and went, and nothing happened (though we
did read about multi-month vacations, good for him!).

So I am sitting here waiting for Allan to make it up to me with a kick-
ass TM2 alpha release in the hopefully not to distant future, then we
can talk.

Gerd