[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Wed Jun 17 18:15:38 UTC 2009

I would be very happy to pay for the upgrade (who wouldn't? it seems
to be a consensual issue, at least amongst those who bother saying it
in the list :).

Concerning the general remarks raised, as the one concerning the
bundle developers remuneration, I guess the "natural" solution would
be that TextMate gets eventually open-sourced (with the possibility to
make donations to the bundle developers as well as to the core
project's developers). I understood that Allan has a very precise
vision of where he wants to get to, so it wouldn't seem strange that
once this state is achieved (or if Allan gives up on reaching that
state, whichever comes first :), he decides to open-source it. Is
there any consideration on that matter?

As everyone agrees, one of the great advantages of TextMate is its
free project-like community (which as far as I know, is quite unique
for a non open-source piece of software, which shows that not
everything is black or white as some people often claim it - TextMate
indeed shows a smart combination of the advantages of different models).

enas