[TxMt] Re: newbie question.. How compile source code for dialog2 and install it?

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Tue Jun 2 18:35:41 UTC 2009

> On Jun 1, 2009, at 7:37 PM, Oliver Taylor wrote:
>
>> I believe Dialog has been renamed UI and is already included in
>> TextMate at TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/ui.rb
>>
>> You can call UI with something like: require ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH'] +
>> '/lib/ui.rb'
>
> That's the ruby library that interfaces with Dialog. Dialog 2 is
> included in Textmate now, so no need to compile it.

Is there a good tutorial/reference/resource on using ui.rb?  I'm having
trouble finding information on it.  Maybe I'm not Googling the right terms,
but I could really use a good, gentle introduction to ui.rb.

Part of my problem is I know very little ruby but I'm forcing myself to
learn by writing commands in ruby.

Thanks in advance.

Dru