[TxMt] Re: QT call results in 0

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Fri Jul 24 04:06:28 UTC 2009

On 7/23/09 7:19 PM, in article
65f5d7330907231919l1003f57cg6bc351b23f65139d at mail.gmail.com, "Schell"
<efsubenovex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, okay, sorry guys. The code involved is ANY CocoaDialog calls. For example:
>
> [bash script]
>
> fullProjectPath=$(CocoaDialog filesave \
>             --text "Please name your project and select a folder to save it
> into" \
>             --title "Create New Project" \
>             --with-extensions .tmproj \
>             --with-file "$defaultProjectName");
>
> [/bash script]
>
> fullProjectPath's value is now "QT call results in 0".

Okay, well, I don't really do bash scripting, but I just tried making a new
bash script in TextMate and I ran this:

fullProjectPath=$(CocoaDialog filesave \
 --text "Please name your project and select a folder to save it into" \
 --title "Create New Project" \
 --with-extensions .tmproj \
 --with-file testing);
echo $fullProjectPath

And here's the output after I interact with the dialog:

/Users/mattleopard/Desktop/testing.tmproj

That looks right. So what causes this difference? The version of TM?
Something about the environment where the script is being run? m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!