[TxMt] Re: Markdown Bundle: Headings Commands broken -- undefined method 'rstrip'

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 10:09:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:22, Sebastian Röder<sebroeder at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I want to use the Markdown --> Headings --> Level 1 [setext] /
> Level 2 [setext] commands, I get the error message
> "/tmp/temp_textmate.qXjdGq:11: undefined method `rstrip' for
> nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)".
>
> Textmate is Version 1.5.8 (1505) on Leopard 10.5.7 with the stock ruby
> 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [universal-darwin9.0].
> I updated Markdown.tmbundle to r11632 and Support to r11693 but it didn't help.
>
> Any idea what is going wrong here?

Are you using the commands while your cursor is on the first line?

Setext-style headers are of the form

This is a heading

and the commands calculate the amount of symbols to write from the
length of the actual heading. So to use the commands, write your
heading, move to the next line and invoke the command.

The error message could, of course, use improvement :-)

HTH
Martin