[TxMt] Re: git noob question - bundle on github: how?

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:44:26 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 17:22, minimal design<textmate at minimaldesign.net> wrote:
> I got a HTML + CSS bundles that a few people use and I've been asked
> to put them on github... So I'm looking into how you do that. Ideally,
> I'd like to just edit my bundles in TextMate, and push the update to
> github when I come up with new snippet improvement, command, bug fix,
> etc... But that mean I need to combine both of those (using mCSS as
> example) first right?:
>
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/
> mCSS.tmbundle
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/mCSS.tmbundle

I can’t see how this is related to git; don’t you have to do that
anyway when you make your bundle available anywhere?

> How do you guys do it?

I keep the bundles I hack on completely in ~/.../TextMate/Bundles, and
those I mainly just _use_ in ~/.../Pristine Copy/Bundles. That way,
editing my own bundles in TextMate changes exactly the files I want to
push out, while my changes to other bundles is kept outside of their
source tree and won’t lead to merge conflicts.

Going back to git, when you create a repository on GitHub it gets you
to a page containing step by step instructions for getting your source
tree or local repository into the new remote repository.

I’m not entirely sure I understand your question though; is this any help?

Cheers,
Martin