[TxMt] Re: Project expanded/collapsed folder state

Wed Jul 8 17:23:00 UTC 2009

On 4 Jul 2009, at 19:23, Scott Haneda wrote:

> I have also wondered this and never found a solution. Code folding is
> the main area I would like to figure out how to save state.
>
> I spent a lot of time in one file folding chunks of code how I wanted.
> I saved, closed, and opened the file; all fold points were lost.
>
> Would it ever be possible to save this state when working live over
> FTP or SSH? [...]

TextMate saves folding info using extended attributes.

If you use AFP or SMB then Apple will simulate xattr support even for
the remote file system, so it should work.

If you use ExpanDrive or similar, they do support xattr, but I don’t
think they store it on the remote server.

If you use a dedicated (s)ftp application with “Edit in TextMate” they
download the file, ask TextMate to edit it, and then upload it again.
It would be up to this (s)ftp application to preserve the extended
attributes of the file (e.g. upload it to the server).