[TxMt] Re: "Edit in Textmate" failing for Mail.app?

Nigel Green nigel at greenlemur.com
Wed Jan 7 15:32:31 UTC 2009

I personally use Textmate for any messages over a couple of lines. The
inconvenience of visiting another app to compose the message is
outweighed by the power of all the snippets and macros I have defined
in Textmate, and I can additionally save drafts and copies to a more-
reliable-than-Mail.app text file if I need to.

My dream is one day that textmate can handle reading mbox or maildir
files. I could collect, filter and deliver messages to a local folder
structure with fetchmail, procmail and bogofilter and then set up a
project in Textmate to view that folder structure and read, move and
manage my mail. I love Mutt but I get frustrated not being able to
navigate with the mouse and always end up back using Mail.app. A setup
like the one described would be heaven for me!

One day I may have a go at pulling it all together into a bundle to
play with it...

Nigel