[TxMt] Re: "Edit in Textmate" failing for Mail.app?

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Wed Jan 7 14:55:40 UTC 2009

David Frascone wrote:
> Do you actually find it easier to compose mail in textmate?  For me,
> I've replaced all of my programmers' editors with textmate -- and I've
> even gone so far as to set my EDITOR variable.
>
> But e-mail?  Is it worth the effort?

For me, the answer is "sometimes". I use Thunderbird for mail, and in
general I am in favor of HTML in mail messages.  T-bird's HTML isn't
great, though, and it gets worse and worse as the quote level deepens
and includes HTML from even worse WYSIWYG editors (Outlook, I'm talking
to you!)  I sometimes like to pop over to TextMate to clean up the HTML
myself.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer