[TxMt] Re: New behavior: moving cursor pass end of line?

Nicholas Knight nknight at runawaynet.com
Mon Aug 24 09:36:46 UTC 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 2:13 AM, Jasmin Blanchette wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The latest minor update seems to have introduced a strange behavior.

Which update? There hasn't been a stable release since r1498 in
February, and the current cutting-edge build (1505) was released in
June.

> When moving the cursor pass the end of a line, TextMate now pretends
> that the line is full of an infinite number of spaces, instead of
> moving to the next line. Same happens when clicking with the mouse.

The behavior you're describing is an editing mode called "Freehand".
It's enabled/disabled by pressing option-cmd-e or choosing it in the
Edit->Mode menu.

I'm guessing you accidentally pressed option-cmd-e.

-NK