[TxMt] Re: Google Search

Oliver Taylor olivertaylor at me.com
Fri Aug 14 16:28:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Craig Walker<craig at softcraft.ca> wrote:

> It seems to me that this feature is already implemented, but is not working
> for me. In Hyperlink Helper, I see the Yahoo searches and the one for
> "Lookup Selection on Google and Link".

This bundle command is used for inserting links into the document. To
just use the selected text as a search you could do one of two things:

1. Assign a keyboard command (via system preferences) to the "Search
With Google" item in the "Services" menu. This has the advantage of
working in every app.
2. Create a command out of this: open
http://www.google.com/search?q="$TM_SELECTED_TEXT" / set the input to
selected text or word, and discard the output.

Also, if you're looking up rails docs try selecting the word and
hitting control-shift-H.