[TxMt] Reformat Selection (^Q) and Java

Elliot Kroo elliot at kroo.net
Wed Apr 29 19:15:04 UTC 2009

When editing comments in TextMate, I frequently use the Reformat
Selection text routine to fix paragraphs who's lines have gone past 80
characters long (my Wrap Column).  Unfortunately this has some
unexpected side-effects in Java, which along with nicely reformatting
my selected comments (respecting the *s in the beginning of the line
even!) adds redundant starting and ending comments: /* and */.  Why
does this happen?  What can I do to fix this?

To reproduce, select a few lines inside a javadoc-formatted Java
comment (/** * */), and hit ^Q.

Thanks,

--
Elliot