[TxMt] Re: Language Definition Inheritance/Injection (Shoulda/Rails bundle)

Gabe da Silveira gabriel.d at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 22:55:02 UTC 2009

> There is a some, for example editing a repository rule will create a
> delta with just the changes, but editing something in the root
> patterns array does not produce good deltas. We could restructure the
> Rails grammar so that it is a better fit for deltas if this edit is
> common.

Good to know.  Something is better than nothing.

>> Secondly, it feels wrong for the Rails bundle to define an include
>> of a language that is descended from the Rails bundle itself [...]
>
> It is not pure, no. But there is presently no way for new bundles to
> extend existing grammars, so for some things, users will just have to
> edit the grmmars.

In this case I'm getting a lot of bang for the buck so I'm not too
worried about it.  I also fretted over it enough that when it causes
problems down the line I'll remember what I did.  At least now I know
there is no solution constrained to the shoulda bundle.

Thanks Allan