[TxMt] Re: Things to avoid

brad tittle brad.tittle at trainnow.net
Thu Apr 16 15:16:39 UTC 2009

The thing that caused the problem was -- "Edit each line in selection."
I was able to edit the file without any problem by just doing a search and
replace. I don't know specifically how edit each line in selection works,
but I suspect that it involves quite a few Allocs, Like one for each line,
possibly quite a few more for each line. I was just putting out a warning
that you shouldn't  edit the entire file with "Edit each line in selection".
It could have just been my computer, but I suspect that I was abusing this
wonderful feature into something Allan didn't imagine it to be used to do,
because as an expert in line management he would never have gone down the
path I did. I was just appending ",END_NOTE" to each line.

This happened on a Dual Xeon Core 2 Duo Mac Pro with 1GB of ram ( inherited
from our graphics guy who doesn't want to learn FCP).