[TxMt] TxMt prompting password to save files occasionally

ts sr.iniv.t at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:56:38 UTC 2008

Hi,
I've been enountering this problem with TextMate for some time now. I open a
directory, keep working on the files, keep editing and saving as usual, but
sometimes, TxMt locks up and prompts me for password to save the file - and
it wouldn't save the file even if i supply the password. I've checked the
file permissions and they seem to be fine (for until a while ago, TxMt was
saving without a hitch). While this happens, I get this error on
Console.app:

30/09/08 3:56:54 PM TextMate[18607] executeLsFilesUnderPath:inProject: ***
-[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key:
_NSTaskDiagnosticFileHandle): launch path "/opt/local/bin/git"

I have the ProjectPlus plugin installed.

What could be going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

-- Srinivasan