[TxMt] Re: Disable the textmate clipboard manager?

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:01:20 UTC 2008

On Sep 26, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Luke Daley wrote:

> On 27/09/2008, at 1:43 AM, Tim Harper wrote:
>
>> I've been struggling against TextMate's clipboard manager for some
>> time.  I use PTHPasteboard,  which works against all applications,
>> and
>> serves the purpose of having multiple copy buffers.
>>
>> It appears to fight against TextMate's clipboard manager, however.
>> When I copy things using TextMate, sometimes (randomly) it will place
>> the copied item straight into the second item in PTHPasteboards, so I
>> always have to guess where my copied item is.  It's very, very
>> annoying.
>>
>> Is there any way to disable TextMate's clipboard manager?  I would
>> prefer to use PTHPasteboard for clipboard management instead as it
>> works in any application.
>
> I have similar issues with Quicksilver, but have never been motivated
> enough to track them down.
>
> +1 for making TM's pasteboard management optional.

Hmm, was just looking through the TextMate binary, and found this value:

OakPasteboardManager

running this yielded nothing:

defaults read com.macromates.textmate OakPasteboardManager

But, that could be because there's no value set.  I wonder if there is
a way to disable it through setting this value?