[TxMt] Re: Latex cannot check for packages from TextMate

Christoph Wockel christoph.wockel at gmx.net
Thu Sep 18 06:58:21 UTC 2008

On 17.09.2008, at 20:25, Brad Miller wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Christoph Wockel <christoph.wockel at gmx.net
> > wrote:
>
> On 17.09.2008, at 13:42, Brad Miller wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Christoph Wockel <christoph.wockel at gmx.net
>> > wrote:
>> I have a similar problem, my Textmate does not find the files I put
>> in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex (which is the default location for the
>> personal additions to the texmf tree in MacTeX). I get a
>> corresponding message on compiling my file and when using the Label
>> Completion.
>> I'm not sure what you mean that TextMate does not find the files in
>> ~/Library/....
>
> My preamble looks like
>
> \documentclass[11pt]{article}
>
> \include{abbreviations}
> \include{paper}
>
> This is definitely a new use case for the ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex
> directory that I have not considered.  I'll add this to my todo list.

great! As a workaround I shall copy the files from ~/Library/... to
the directory where the .tex document is located. Then the problem
vanishes.

> Out of curiosity, are abbreviations and paper .tex files or are
> they .sty files?  Why do you use \include rather than \usepackage?

These two files only contain some command and environment definitions,
which I do not want to copy and paste into each new document. The
are .tex files. I thought that using \include (or \input) is the
cleanest way of doing this.