[TxMt] Re: Latex cannot check for packages from TextMate

Darren Croton darren at astro.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 16 09:43:50 UTC 2008

No.  Just a single .tex file.  Like you would do from the command line, but
instead from within TextMate using the included latex bundle.

2008/9/16 Pedro Borges <pedro.dhb at gmail.com>

> Are you trying to compile a latex project with multiple files? If so you
> need to set the  TM_LATEX_MASTER variable to the apropriate value i think.
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Darren Croton <darren at astro.berkeley.edu>wrote:
>
>> I've recently upgraded to a shinny new iMac from my 3 year old powerbook.
>>  This has required the re-installation and setup of all my software.  I.e.
>> Latex and TextMate, which previously worked seamlessly.
>> Specifically, i downloaded and installed MacTeX.  Latex (pdflatex) works
>> fine from the command line.  However "Typeset & View" in TextMate returns
>> the following:
>>
>> Error: Could not open to check for packages
>>
>> This is most likely a problem with TM_LATEX_MASTER
>>
>> I'm fully up-to-date (cutting edge) and i have confirmed that all the
>> appropriate paths exist (i.e. to /usr/texbin in /etc/profiles).  "pdflatex"
>> is selected in the TextMate latex preferences.
>>
>> An extensive search of the web provides a lot of solutions (usually
>> related to making sure the path is set correctly), but none work for me.
>>
>> Any ideas?  I'm slightly baffled and have run out of things to try.
>> Thanks in advance.

Darren Croton
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218, Hawthorn, VIC 3122, Australia
Phone: 61-3-9214-5537; Fax: 61-3-9214-8797