[TxMt] Re: Basic Questions

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Fri Sep 12 13:53:33 UTC 2008

On 2008-Sep-12, at 8:50 AM, kyle murphy wrote:

> I'm new to TextMate.  I have some questions I was hoping you guys
> could help me with.

Hello and welcome!

> 3.  I supposedly installed 'Edit in TextMate' successfully, it gives
> me this: Success! /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Edit
> in TextMate copied to /Library/InputManagers
>
> But, whenever I go to Safari or TextMate 'Edit in TextMate' isn't
> under the edit menu.  I've tried restarting and everything.  Still
> nothing.

The system is pretty strict about checking certain things prior to
right thing, but you might want to confirm ownership and permissions
by running this in a Terminal.

     sudo chown -R root:admin /Library/InputManagers

Then restart Safari and see if it shows up. If not, confirm that the
Input Manager got installed by seeing what's in /Library/
InputManagers. Maybe check the Console for errors as well.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>